What we do:WhatsUpHIV will be reporting live from AIDS 2016. Previously we reported live from HIV R4P. WhatsUpHIV aims to be accessible, lively and easy to read. It can be read on cell phones as well as on iPads, laptops and desktops. Our bloggers include community activists, PrEP trial participants, trans feminists personally engaged in the struggle against HIV/Aids.
Running from July 18 to 22, AIDS 2016 is a global gathering of HIV experts and community leaders. WhatsUpHIV will bring you all the latest developments as they happen - from the viewpoint of those most affected by the epidemic.
Action points for AIDS 2016:
1. Supporting frontline HIV workers
3. Reimagining prevention
4. Foregrounding human rights
5. Advancing a cure and a vaccine
6. Addressing the needs of women and girls
7. Better serving the needs of children and infants
8. Making health care meaningful for men and boys
9. Renewed focus on key populations
10. Reinvigorating support for civil society